The Cisco SF300-24PP 24-Port PoE Switch is part of the Cisco Small Business line of network solutions, a portfolio of affordable managed PoE switches that provides a reliable foundation for your business network. These Cisco SF300-24PP switches deliver the features you need to improve the availability of your critical business applications, protect your sensitive information, and optimise your network bandwidth to deliver information and applications more effectively. Easy to set up and use, the Cisco SF300-24PP 24-Port Switch provides the ideal combination of affordability and capabilities for small businesses, and helps you create a more efficient, better-connected workforce.
- Twenty-four 10/100 switched RJ-45 ports with auto medium dependent interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X) cable detection
- 2 Gigabit ethernet RJ45 ports for 10/100/1000 connectivity
- Twenty-four Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports offering up to 180W output
- 2 mini Gigabit Interface Converter (mini-GBIC) slots for fiber and copper Gigabit Ethernet expansion (shared)
- Nonblocking, store-and-forward switching mechanism
- Simplified QoS management enabled by advanced queuing techniques using 802.1p, differentiated services (DiffServ), or type of service (ToS) prioritisation schemes enhances the performance of real-time applications such as voice and video
- Configuration and monitoring from a standard web browser with WebView management
- Secure remote management of the switch via Secure Shell (SSH) and SSL secure channel network protocols
- 802.1Q-based VLANs enable segmentation of networks for improved performance and security
- Private VLAN Edge (PVE) for simplified network isolation of guest connections or autonomous networks
- Automatic configuration of VLANs across multiple switches through Generic VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) and Generic Attribute Registration Protocol (GARP)
- Automatic port configuration through auto MDI/MDIX and 802.1ab with Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) and Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support
- User/network port-level security via 802.1X authentication and MAC-based filtering
- Increased bandwidth (up to 8x) and added link redundancy with Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Enhanced rate-limiting capabilities provide control, including back pressure to control the rate at which data can flow into and out of a port
- Multicasting, broadcasting, and flooding control
- Port mirroring for noninvasive monitoring of switch traffic
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) versions 1, 2c, and 3 and Remote Monitoring (RMON) support
- Fully rack mountable using the included rack-mounting hardware
High performance and reliability
All Cisco SF300-24PP 24-Port Switches have been rigorously tested to deliver the high availability and performance you expect from a Cisco switch. The solutions speed up file transfer times and improve slow, sluggish networks, while keeping your vital business applications available and preventing costly downtime. As a managed switching solution, the Cisco SF300-24PP also gives you the flexibility to manage and prioritise high-bandwidth traffic such as voice. That means you can empower your employees with state-of-the-art communication and productivity solutions, without draining the performance of your other business applications.
Power over Ethernet
Cisco SF300-24PP Switches are available with up to 24 PoE ports of Fast Ethernet connectivity. This capability simplifies advanced technology deployments such as IP telephony, wireless, and IP surveillance by allowing you to connect and power network endpoints over a single Ethernet cable. With no need to install separate power supplies for IP phones or wireless access points, you can take advantage of advanced communications technologies more quickly, and at a lower cost.
Secure Desktop Connectivity
The Cisco SF300-24PP Switch can simply and securely connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers, and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity helps speed file transfers and data processing, improves network uptime, and keeps your employees connected and productive. Additionally, the Cisco SF300-24PP Switch provides a high level of security and give you fine-grained control to safeguard your network from unauthorised users. Advanced security features include:
- Embedded security to protect management data traveling to
and from the switch and encrypt network
- Extensive access control lists (ACLs) to restrict sensitive
portions of the network from unauthorised users
and guard against network attacks
- Guest virtual LANs (VLANs) to let you provide Internet
connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating
critical business services from guest traffic
- Support for advanced network security applications such as
IEEE 802.1X port security to tightly limit access
to specific segments of your network
As a managed network solution, the Cisco SF300-24PP Switch provides the performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence you need to deliver all communications and data over a single network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products designed for small businesses. Cisco SF300-24PP Switchs have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other products, providing a complete small business solution.
IP Telephony Support
Cisco SF300-24PP Switches include embedded QoS intelligence to prioritise delaysensitive services such as voice and video, simplify unified communications deployments, and help ensure consistent network performance for all services. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritise voice traffic.
Highly Secure Guest Connectivity
A Cisco SF300-24PP Switch let you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room, or any other area open to nonemployee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guestsï¿½ network sessions private from each other.
Optimal Energy Efficiency
The Cisco SF300-24PP Switch is designed with a variety of power-saving features across all models, providing the industryï¿½s broadest portfolio of ï¿½greenï¿½ switches. These Cisco SF300-24PP Switches optimise power use to protect the environment and reduce energy costs, without compromising performance. Powersaving features include:
- The latest application-specific integrated circuits
(ASICs), using low-power 65-nanometer technology (these
chipsets allow for lower power consumption and thinner, more efficient designs)
- Embedded intelligence to adjust signal strength based on cable length
- Fanless design in most models, which reduces power consumption, increases reliability, and provides quieter operation
Cisco Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty
Cisco SF300-24PP 24-Port Switch includes a limited lifetime hardware warranty with next business day advance replacement (where available, otherwise same day ship) and a limited lifetime warranty for fans and power supplies. In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes for the warranty term, and telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase. To download software updates, go to: www.cisco.com/cisco/web/download/index.html. Product warranty terms and other information applicable to Cisco products are available at www.cisco.com/go/warranty.